Gavin is Kickin FA

Forums

Forum Home > What we've been doing! > Discovery Cove

Kickinfa@gmail.com
Site Owner

We finally made reservations to get to Discovery Cove in Orlando.  WOW!!!  What an incredible experience.  I don't know why we waited so long to do this.  This was probably one of my top 5 favorite family adventures.  

Discovery Cove is directly across the street from Sea World in Orlando.  It was an early morning, we had to be there at 7am, but it was so worth it.  We arrived and were greeted by super friendly staff and checked in.  We were moved to the breakfast buffet area where we feasted on all kinds of baked goods, fruits and breakfast sandwiches.  Then we moved on to the sizing area.  There we were fitted with wet suits.  Since Evan was only 5, he was not able to suit up or actually swim with the dolphins.  However, they made a few exceptions.  

Once we were all suited up, they took us two at a time.  Kevin took Gavin down to the shore where the dolphins were.  Evan and I sat up on the sand and watched as Kevin got to swim out holding the dolphins fin and be brought back to shore.  Then it was Gavin's turn.  He was extremely hesitant at first, but I forced him to go.  I'm so glad we did, because he absolutely LOVED it.  

Then it was my turn.  I got to meet the dolphins, then was able to swim back to shore holding the fin.  What an incredible experience.  It was so magical.  And then it was Evan's turn.  Since he wasn't old enough, they didn't allow him to swim out in the open water, but they did let him pet the dolphin and give kisses.  It was awesome and so darn cute!  One of my favorite pics of all time!

The rest of the day was spent eating lunch by the pools and swimming in the lagoons.  It was such a peaceful, relxing place, so much more than I ever imagined.  The food was just incredible, the staff was so friendly and the experience was priceless.  

This adventure was something that our family will cherish forever.  If we ever have the opportunity to do it again, we definitely will.  I would highly recommend for any family! 

--
April 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.