Gavin is Kickin FA

Forums

Forum Home > What we've been doing! > Wreaths Across America

Kickinfa@gmail.com
Site Owner

This was not a FARA event and had nothing to do with FA, but I thought I would share our experience.  

We decided to take part in the Wreaths Across America event this year.  Our ESA friends and families do this every year, and we've never been able to until this year.  

This was such an amazing experience, for both adults and children.  We rode up to the national cemetary in Bushnell, FL.  What a beautiful site.  The white tombstones stand out in the lush green grass.  This is something that you never forget.  Each one of these represents someone who has given their lives to keep us safe.  It's quite the experience.  

We arrived and noticed many semi tractor trailers full of wreaths.  Hundreds of volunteers were there, just waiting for a chance to place a wreath on a tombstone to show their love and appreciation for their sacrifice!  

The boys held out their arms and the volunteers put on as many wreaths as they could carry.  I hope the boys will understand one day the importance of what they did.  I know Kevin and I sure do!  This is definitely something we will make an annual family event!

--
July 18, 2016 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.